The first No Way Out was part of the In Your House series. The In Your House PPV events were lesser priced PPV events that were broadcast in the months when the big 5 PPV events of the year (Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, King of the Ring, SummerSlam, & Survivor Series) did not occur. In 1998, the first No Way Out card had to have its name changed to No Way Out of Texas because of potential litigation from WCW due to the NWO initials. At the time, the new World order was still the dominant group in wrestling. Ironically, the 2002 event featured the new World order make their WWE debut. The No Way Out name was replaced by St. Valentine’s Day Massacre in 1999, but returned in 2000. From 2004 until 2007, the event was a SmackDown only event.
Starting in 2008, the event featured at least one Elimination Chamber match. In 2009, the WWE started to rename some of their events based upon a theme and in 2010, No Way Out was replaced by Elimination Chamber. The name didn't lie dormant for too long though. The show returned to the WWE calendar in 2012.
Top 3 No Way Out Moments
1 – Eddie Guerrero won his only WWE Championship at the 2004 No Way Out PPV
2 – The nWo made their WWE debut at the 2002 event. Even though the nWo failed miserably in their WWE stint, the debut had fans excited.
3 – The 2001 Best of 3 Falls Match between Steve Austin & Triple H was the best of all the matches these two legends have had against each other.
2000 - I-C Title: European champ Kurt Angle beat I-C champ Chris Jericho
2000 - Tag Team Title: The Dudley Boyz beat The New Age Outlaws
2001 - Hardcore Title: Big Show beat Raven
2001 - WWF Title: The Rock beat Kurt Angle
2003 - Cruiserweight Title: Matt Hardy beat Billy Kidman
2004 - Cruiserweight Title: Chavo Guerrero beat Rey Mysterio Jr.
2004 - WWE Title: Eddie Guerrero beat Brock Lesnar
2005 – WWE Tag Team Titles: Eddie Guerrero & Rey Mysterio beat The Basham Brothers
2005 - Cruiserweight Title: Chavo Guerrero won a Gauntlet Match that included Champ Funaki, Spike Dudley, Paul London, Akio, & Shannon Moore
2006 - U.S. Title: Chris Benoit beat Booker T
2007 - Cruiserweight Title: Chavo Guerrero beat Champion Gregory Helms, Scotty 2 Hotty, Funaki, Jamie Noble, Jimmy Wang Yang, Daivari, and Shannon Moore in a Gauntlet Match
2009 - WWE Chapionship: Triple H beat Champion Edge, Jeff Hardy, Undertaker, Big Show, & Vladimir Kozlov in an Elimination Chamber Match
2009 - World Heavyweight Championship: Edge beat Champion John Cena, Rey Mysterio, Kane, Chris Jericho, and Mike Knox
No Way Out of Texas (In Your House #20) – Compaq Center; Houston, TX 2/15/98
- The Headbangers beat Marc Mero & Goldust
- Light heavyweight title: Champ Taka Michinoku beat Pantera
- The Godwinns beat The Quebecers
- NWA North American Title: Bradshaw beat Champ Jeff Jarrett by DQ. Jarrett keeps the title.
- Chainz, Skull, 8 Ball, Ahmed Johnson, & Ken Shamrock beat The Rock, Kama D-Lo Brown, Faarooq & Mark Henry Kane beat Vader
- No DQ Match: Steve Austin, Mankind, Owen Hart & Chainsaw Charlie beat Triple H, Billy Gunn, Jesse James, & Savio Vega
No Way Out 2000 – Hartford Civic Center; Hartford, CT 2/27/00
- European & I-C Title: European champ Kurt Angle beat I-C champ Chris Jericho to win the I-C title
- Tag Team Title: The Dudley Boyz beat The New Age Outlaws to win the belts
- Mark Henry beat Viscera
- Edge & Christian beat The Hardy Boyz to become #1 contenders for the tag team belts
- Tazz beat The Big Bosmman by DQ
- No Holds Barred Match: X-Pac beat Kane
- Too Cool & Rikishi beat Chris Benoit, Perry Saturn & Dean Malenko
- The Big Show beat The Rock to become #1 contender for the WWF Title
- Hell in a Cell for the WWF Title: Champ Triple H beat Cactus Jack. Cactus Jack was forced to retire as the result of a prematch stipulation.