The Bottom Line
- Every match and sketch from every Royal Rumble event is shown.
- My favorite match of all time (RR 92 Match) is on this DVD.
- Many of these events are available for the first time on DVD.
- Matches for the first Rumble are cut for commercial breaks.
- The DVD set contains 20 discs.
- The DVD set is only available in the 20-disc set, not in volumes like the WrestleMania set was.
- The running time for this set is over 55 hours.
- Jesse Ventura's commentary is on the DVD.
- The WWF attitude era logo is blurred out.
- A few theme songs have been changed.
- The words WWF are edited to WW(silence).
- The words World Wrestling Federation are said in their entirety.
Guide Review - WWE Royal Rumble: The Complete Anthology 1998 - 2007
One of my favorite things about this set is getting to hear full shows featuring Jesse Ventura and Bobby Heenan on commentary. While all other aspects of WWE broadcasting have vastly improved over the past 20 years, the one thing that I really miss is hearing those two men on commentary. It is also quite humorous to hear Vince McMahon portray a clueless announcer while in reality he was the man in charge of everything.
As a die-hard fan, I had a copy of almost every one of these shows originally recorded on VHS. Unlike other review copy DVD's, this one I had to pay for due to About.com's gift rules. The $200 I spent to upgrade my DVD collection is a purchase that I feel is well worth it. If my willingness to spend $200 for events that I already had copies of isn't a ringing endorsement for this DVD then I don't know what is.