Review and Recommendation
Packaging Issue: Recently, the 3-disc sets have included a chapter listing printed on one of the inside sleeves of the package. This set does not have either that feature or an insert containing this information.
Rating: This set is rated TV-14. Blood is shown unedited and quite a few middle fingers are shown uncensored as they were originally telecast.
The List: If you want to see the list before buying this DVD, I have put it on the following page. Overall, I agree with many of the selections. There are a few I might not have included on the list or placed in different spots, but this is a pretty good list unlike the last joke of a list WWE Home Video made when they counted down the top 50 Superstars.
Thoughts on Disc One: Usually, I'm not a fan of countdown programs but I really enjoyed this one. I was also a fan of the wrestlers discussing the segments as this time they were entertaining as opposed to them saying a variation of the same thing 50 times.
Match & Segment Selections on Discs Two and Three: I have always found it strange that these sets don't just feature the top selections. While numbers 3 and 4 aren't on these discs, several items in the 40s are featured. However, I did enjoy the items that were selected. My biggest issue with this set is that not enough of these clips and matches were featured. Another huge issue is that most of the matches on this DVD set have already been featured on other non-PPV DVD sets.
Overall Recommendation: A recurring issue for WWE DVD sets that are also released on Blu-ray is that the DVD customer is getting hornswoggled. The back of the box lists an approximate running time of 9 hours. In reality, the running time of this set (excluding previews and the PSA) is approximately 6.5 hours. While I really enjoyed this DVD set, I can't give an enthusiastic thumb's up to it when there was so much more room for more stuff to be on this DVD.
Matches and Segments on This DVD Set
- Tuesday Night Titans 3/7/86: Rowdy Roddy Piper Gives Haiti Kid a Haircut
- Superstars 11/23/91: Jake Roberts vs. Bob Werner (Jake Roberts: Pick Your Poison)
- Wrestling Challenge 1/11/92: The Rockers Split on the Barber Shop
- In Your House: Good Friends, Better Enemies '96: No Holds Barred Match - WWE Champion Shawn Michaels vs. Diesel (Shawn Michaels: From the Vault)
- Shotgun Saturday Night 2/8/97: Intercontinental Champion Triple H vs. The Undertaker
- RAW 9/22/97: Stone Cold Stunner to Mr. McMahon
- King of the Ring '98: Hell in a Cell Match - The Undertaker vs. Mankind (Mick Foley: Greatest Hits & Misses; Tombstone: The History of the Undertaker; Hell in a Cell)
- RAW 9/28/98: Mr. McMahon's Ceremony to Crown a New WWE Champion
- SmackDown 11/11/99: Dearly Departed
- SummerSlam '00: Hardcore Champion Shane McMahon vs. Steve Blackman
- WrestleMania X-Seven: TLC II - World Tag Team Champions The Dudley Boyz vs. Edge & Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz (The Hardy Boys: Leap of Faith; The Ladder Match)
- King of the Ring '01: Street Fight - Kurt Angle vs. Shane McMahon
- RAW 8/20/01: Kurt Angle's Milk Delivery
- SmackDown 12/13/01: Steve Austin Brawls With Booker T in the Supermarket
- SmackDown 6/12/03: WWE Champion Brock Lesnar vs. The Big Show (Brock Lesnar: Here Comes The Pain)
- Great American Bash '04: Concrete Crypt Match - The Undertaker vs The Dudley Boyz - (The Undertaker's Deadliest Matches)
- RAW 11/8/04: The Highlight Reel With Trish Stratus & Lita
- New Year's Revolution '06: WWE Champion John Cena vs. Edge (Satan's Prison: The Anthology of the Elimination Chamber; Edge: A Decade of Decadence)
- WrestleMania 22: Hardcore Match - Mick Foley vs. Edge (Mick Foley Greatest Hits & Misses: Hardcore Edition; The Greatest Superstars of WrestleMania; Edge: A Decade of Decadence)
- RAW 6/11/07: Mr. McMahon Appreciation Night
- Special Feature: Jerry Lawler's Outtakes
- Special Feature: Going Inside out
- RAW 1/14/08: Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy vs. Randy Orton (Royal Rumble '08; Jeff Hardy: My Life My Rules)
- SmackDown 1/16/09: The Cutting Edge With Jeff Hardy
- The 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania: World Heavyweight Champion Edge vs. Big Show vs. John Cena
- RAW 6/7/10: John Cena vs. CM Punk