Review and Recommendation
Match Selection: When Daniel Bryan started his WWE career, he entered as the top star on the indy scene and it was going to be interesting to see if he could adapt his game from that venue to the WWE. Over the course of 90-minutes, you see the transformation of his character and most of his career highlights. For some reason, his World Heavyweight Championship victory isn't on this set and I can't figure out why. It's not like the time of the disc would have been a factor because there was plenty of room on this disc and the match was only a few seconds long.
Overall Recommendation: While each disc of Superstar Collection is cheaper than a normal priced WWE DVD set, if you just buy them all you will find that on a per-minute basis you will be spending a lot more money than if you just payed for a normal three-disc set. With that being said, there is a legitimate need for discs like these. There are several wrestlers on the roster that have some great highlights to their career but haven't been with the company long enough for there to be a need for a three-disc retrospective of their career. A wrestler like Daniel Bryan easily fits into this category. If you are a fan of his then I highly recommend this disc. Even if you're not a huge fan of his work, there is still enough good stuff on this disc to make it worth purchasing a value-priced disc of his.
Matches on This DVD Set
- NXT 2/23/10: Daniel Bryan vs. Chris Jericho
- Daniel Bryan & The Miz History
- Night of Champions 2010: US Champion The Miz vs. Daniel Bryan
- Money in the Bank 2011: SmackDown Money in the Bank Ladder Match - Daniel Bryan vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Wade Barrett vs. Kane vs. Heath Slater vs. Justin Gabriel vs. Sheamus vs. Sin Cara
- SmackDown 11/4/11: Non-title Match - World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry vs. Daniel Bryan w/Big Show in his corner (The Best of RAW & SmackDown 2011)
- Royal Rumble 2012: Steel Cage Match - World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan vs. Big Show vs. Mark Henry