Pre-show Battle Royal - Prior to the start of the pay-per-view, a 16-man battle royal was held. The winner of the battle royal will go on to compete for the United States Championship later in the evening. The final four men in the match were the Prime Time Players (Darren Young & Titus O'Neill), Tensai, and Zack Ryder. After Zack Ryder eliminated Titus O'Neil, Zack and Darren were fighting each other next to the ropes when Tensai threw them both over the top rope. Zack Ryder was able to keep his feet from touching the floor and moments later he eliminated Tensai to earn the title shot. Winner: Zack Ryder
- The show began with Michael Cole providing an update on the health of Jerry Lawler, who suffered a heart attack on Monday night. Lawler will be going home to Memphis later this week. Jerry Lawler's normal spot at the commentary table next to Michael Cole was filled by JBL.
Intercontinental Championship: Champion The Miz vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Sin Cara - During the match, Sin Cara brought out a second mask and wound up putting it over the eyes of The Miz. Cody went to give Sin Cara the Crossroads but bumped into The Miz who gave him the Skull Crushing Finale and got the pin despite not being able to see. Winner: The Miz
- Kaitlyn's leg was injured in an attack that was not seen on television. Eve, who is an assistant to SmackDown General Manager Booker T, told her to get medical attention for it and then told her that she couldn't fight for the Divas Championship later in the night.
WWE Tag Team Championship: Champions R-Truth & Kofi Kingston vs. Kane & Daniel Bryan - During the match, Kane and Daniel Bryan started to push and shove one another. The two decided to hug it out to get on the same page once again. Daniel Bryan was able to put Kofi Kingston into the No Lock but Kofi was able to save his partner. Kane tagged himself into the match which Daniel Bryan didn't appreciate. Moments later, Kofi tried to give Kane a Frankensteiner off the top rope but Daniel Bryan held onto his partner's leg to prevent the move. Kane didn't like that and the two men started arguing once again. Daniel Bryan then tossed Kane off the top rope onto Kofi Kingston to get the win for his team. After the match, the two men started yelling at one another "I am the tag team champion." Winners and New Champions: Kane & Daniel Bryan
- Booker T ruled that since this was Night of Champions that the Divas Championship would have to be defended. He gave the title shot for Layla's title later on in the show to Eve.
US Championship: Champion Antonio Cesaro vs. Zack Ryder - The champion was escorted to the ring by Aksana. When Zack Ryder went for the Browski Boot, Aksana pulled the champion out of the ring. Her distraction wound up leading to the champion hitting Zack Ryder with the Neutralizer to get the win. Winner: Antonio Cesaro
- In the locker room, David Otunga and Alberto Del Rio insulted Ricardo Rodrguez because he wasn't wearing the neck brace that was part of their complaint which led to them asking that the Brogue Kick be banned from WWE.
Randy Orton vs. Dolph Ziggler - Dolph Ziggler, who was escorted to the ring by Vickie Guerrero, brought his Money in the Bank suitcase to the ring. After several failed attempts at the middle rope DDT, Orton was finally able to connect with the move outside of the ring by using the ringside barricade. Orton easily could have gotten a victory via count out but decided to drag Dolph back into the ring to get the pin. Dolph was able to put his foot on the ropes when Randy pinned him. Randy went for an RKO which Dolph was able to escape from and turn into a sleeper hold. Randy got out of the move with a judo toss and then hit a leaping Dolph Ziggler with an RKO to get the victory. Winner: Randy Orton
Divas Championship: Champion Layla vs. Eve - Eve worked over the ribs of the champion. Layla was able to get a second wind but aggravated her rib pain when she missed a move off the ropes. Eve then hit a neck breaker to get the win. Winner: Eve
- Lilian Garcia introduced the fans to a few survivors of breast cancer as part of the company's involvement with Susan G. Kormen for the Cure. To highlight breast cancer awareness, the middle rope of the ring was created a new shirt for John Cena new pink and black shirt which says Rise Above Cancer.
- As Kane and Daniel Bryan were still each claiming to be the tag team champion, they were approached by Dr. Shelby and AJ. After listening to their anger management therapist, Dr. Shelby, Daniel Bryan congratulated Kane who then walked off before retuning the favor. As Daniel Bryan started complaining to Dr. Shelby, Kane dumped Gatorade on his partner and said the he was going to Disney World.
World Heavyweight Championship: Champion Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio - Ricardo Rodriguez and David Otunga were in the corner of the challenger. Prior to the start of the match, Booker T came out and declared that his investigation was over and that the Brogue Kick was now legal to use. Sheamus immediately went to hit Alberto with it but wound up hitting David Otunga instead. Otunga was taken to the back by several WWE officials. Del Rio targeted the left arm of the champion. That led to Alberto applying the cross arm breaker which Sheamus was able to power out of. Sheamus went for the Brogue Kick but missed it which allowed Alberto to put Sheamus in the arm breaker again. He was able to escape it the second time by sticking his leg under the ropes. Alberto then missed his flying kick which allowed Sheamus the opportunity to hit the Brogue Kick to get the win. Winner: Sheamus
WWE Championship: Champion CM Punk vs. John Cena - For the first time in his title reign, Paul Heyman was at ringside for the champion who a year ago declared himself as being a Paul Heyman guy. Punk was wearing Yankees pinstripes for this match which took place in Boston, the home arena of John Cena. This was one of many mental games Punk played in this match which featured Punk doing a lot of stalling at the beginning. Punk was able to trap Cena in the Anaconda Vice but Cena was able to power out of it and apply the STF. Punk was able to reverse the move into a Crossface which Cena was able to power out of into a suplex-like move. Punk was able to recover and hit the "Macho Man" elbow but Cena was able to kick out at 2. Punk then went for the Go To Sleep which Cena reversed into the STF. Punk was able to reach the ropes to break the hold. Punk then hit the Go to Sleep but only got a 2 count out of it. Cena got a second wind and was able to hit the Attitude Adjustment but couldn't keep Punk's shoulders down for 3 seconds. Cena missed the leg drop off the top rope and Punk followed that up with a kick to the head but still couldn't pin Cena. Punk started to slap Cena out of frustration. Out of desperation, Punk went for a moonsault and missed Cena. Punk hit a second Go to Sleep but still couldn't pin Cena. To mock Cena's WrestleMania loss, Punk hit Cena with a Rock Bottom but still couldn;t get the win. Punk was visibly frustrated and lost focus for a second which allowed Cena to hit another Attitude Adjustment. Cena then placed Punk on the top rope and hit a suplex for the pin. The referee declared that both men had their shoulders on the mat for three seconds and that the match was a draw. Since the title can only change hands via pin fall or disqualification, Punk walked out of the show with the title. After the match, Punk hit Cena with the title and then stood over Cena while screaming "Respect!". Winner: Draw
What does this event mean for the future?
Next month is Hell in a Cell. A Hell in a Cell Match can't end in a draw which is the perfect setup for a WWE Championship rematch between Cena and Punk.
As far as the World Heavyweight Championship goes, it appears that Sheamus has finally won his feud with Alberto Del Rio. He has beaten him at three straight pay-per-view events and also won the legal battle over his finishing maneuver. His next opponent remains a mystery though. Logically, Randy Orton should be the new number one contender but I can't see two fan favorites fighting for the title in such a vicious match. Dolph Ziggler could always cash in his title shot sometime in the next few weeks to set up either a one-on-one match against Sheaus or a triple-threat match that could include Randy Orton. If I had to guess though, I'm picking Big Show to earn a title shot via a victory in a #1 Contender's Match on SmackDown within the next two weeks.
Punk and Cena have had some great matches in the past against one another and this one was almost as good as their one at Money in the Bank last year. Prior to that match, Orton and Ziggler appeared to have stolen the show with a very good match. While not a must-see event, those two matches made it worth buying. I don't recommend ordering the replay at full-price but think you should check this show out when it comes out on DVD.
- Intercontinental Championship: Champion The Miz beat Cody Rhodes, Sin Cara & Rey Mysterio
- WWE Tag Team Championship: Kane & Daniel Bryan won the titles from Kofi Kingston & R-Truth
- United States Championship: Champion Antonio Cesaro beat Zack Ryder
- Randy Orton beat Dolph Ziggler
- Divas Championship: Eve won the title from Layla
- World Heavyweight Championship: Champion Sheamus beat Alberto Del Rio
- WWE Championship: Champion CM Punk and John Cena fought to a draw