1. Sports
Eric Cohen

WWE Tryout Information

By January 14, 2010

World Wrestling Entertainment will be holding a tryout for potential WWE Superstars on February 22 and February 23 in Louisville, Kentucky. Based upon the email I receive, there is no doubt that some of you that read the previous sentence have hopes that they can just show up with zero wrestling experience and will be wrestling on Monday Night RAW next week. Nothing could be further from the truth. One of the good things about this tryout is that some of the qualifications for even getting a shot to become a WWE Superstar have become public.

This event is being run in conjunction with Ohio Valley Wrestling, the company and school that helped shape the careers of stars like John Cena, Randy Orton, and Brock Lesnar. This tryout is limited to only 100 people. While it is not known what factors their decisions are based on, questions asked of potential WWE Superstars include inquiries about where you currently work for and for how long you have been wrestling. Of the 100 people invited to the tryout (at a cost of $100), some will not be invited to day two of the tryout. Day 2 will be scouted by John Laurinaitis, the Executive Vice President of Talent Relations for WWE.

To even be considered to be asked for an invitation, you have to be a registered wrestler in the state of Kentucky. For information about registering for both a chance to enter this tryout camp and getting a license in Kentucky, check out the website of Ohio Valley Wrestling.

If you are interested in becoming a pro wrestler, I have written several articles on the subject. Information included in these articles describe what makes a wrestling school worthy of your money, which schools are the most successful at getting their students a job in a major wrestling company, and most importantly advice from the stars you wish to be like. Click here to learn more about these topics.

Comments

August 27, 2010 at 9:54 pm
(1) Mexikid says:

Hey im 15 years old what should i do to become a wwe wrestler please reply

September 4, 2010 at 6:23 pm
(2) REY KOBRA says:

HEY I WANT TO BECOME A WWE SUPERSTAR HOW SHOULD I START.

October 2, 2010 at 4:18 pm
(3) Alex Payne says:

HEY I WANT TO BECOME A WWE SUPERSTAR AND ARE FROM CAPE TOWN SOUTH AFRICA I WANT TO JOIN A WRESTLING SCHOOL WHEN I GRADUATE I MUST KNOW THAT THE WWE OR TNA MAYBE SIGNING ME.PLEASE HELP ME

October 4, 2010 at 11:31 pm
(4) david says:

hi im 25 years old how do ijoin the wwe when i was in school the let me hold a little wrestling thang for 11-12th grade people me and my friends would hit the mats

October 15, 2010 at 12:29 am
(5) mike says:

How do I try out for the wwe or the nxt im 18 years old and live in pittsburgh but I don’t have any wrestling experience. So how can I get a shot. Also try to be on TNA

November 23, 2010 at 4:12 pm
(6) HeresTheTruth says:

To all you guys saying “OMG im not trained but how do I get signed by WWE?” Heres a reality check for you. You most likely wont ever get signed. You can’t just go knock on WWE’s door and get a contract. You need to get trained and actually learn how to wrestle. Then you have to send your matches to WWE or wherever you want to wrestle and hope that they like it and call you back for maybe a tryout. But honestly your chances are slim to none and seeing as how none of you know how the wrestling business works in the least, I’d say slim just left the building.

December 8, 2010 at 12:36 pm
(7) Lord Conn says:

HeresTheTruth is 100% correct. Iíve been in the pro wrestling business for seven years, and believe me, unless youíve been professionally trained and have some serious in-ring experience with a good company, a WWE tryout is a huge waste of your time and money. And more importantly, no matter how talented you are, if you donít have the WWE ďlookĒ your odds of getting there are minuscule. So take a nice long look in the mirror. If you donít see a clone of John Cena, Dave Batista, Ezekiel Jackson, or John Morrison, consider yourself lucky if you can work in the indies for gas money. So if you’re serious about becomming a wrestler (and not just getting signed by the WWE) get fit, get trained by an experienced and trustworthy professional, and be prepared to pay your dues and learn your craft in the indies for a few years making zero money. Then, if you’re good and if you’re lucky, you might get a real tryout and not a “pay for the privelege” fantasy camp.

January 4, 2011 at 10:11 am
(8) brandon cook says:

hello my name is brandon cook and i am 6foot 4inchs 250pounds and i went to ric flairs wrestling school in north carolina….and i also did back yard wrestling..

January 30, 2011 at 11:51 am
(9) ewly says:

hey iam 15 and i want to become a wwe wrestler what should i do???

April 8, 2011 at 1:41 am
(10) marquellis says:

hey how can i sign up

May 2, 2011 at 8:49 pm
(11) Jordash says:

I’m 16, 2 time wrestlin state champion in Heavyweight (220 pounds) division. I bench press 335 pounds and powercleans 275 pounds.

May 3, 2011 at 2:26 pm
(12) flex says:

I have trained with wcw about to be on develop contract until the comapny went under.I am currently on Indy’s , I do have a good look i’m 6’4 260 in good shape check some of my shows out on google flexlee against scott prodigy evrywhere I go I turn a lot of heads my way especially the the ladies how do I go for a tryout also I do have a lot of people tell me should be in WWE .

June 10, 2011 at 10:10 am
(13) Dani says:

My husband is a Pro Wrestler in the Indy circuit. He keeps holding himself back because we have two kids and he has recently turned down a tryout offer due to family. I keep telling him I support him. I’m the one behind his merchandise and a lot of things with his wrestling career. I don’t want him to hold back because of family because all of us support him. He wants to go ahead with some of his offers but before I can say anything to the promotors or people in charge he turns them down. Any advice on how I can get a hold of someone? I’m probably going to register him in Kentucky since he is already registered in other states.

September 7, 2011 at 5:45 pm
(14) Travis says:

i really want to be a wwe superstar because i have a hugh fan for many years and i would be willie an honor for to work for great company. thanks travis

September 22, 2011 at 9:13 pm
(15) jaida lightbourne says:

im only 12 and ive been watching wwe friday night smackdown and monday night raw and the person who has really insierd me is kelly kelly she just has this confidence and she doesnt let anyone judge her and thats whats i love thanks to kelly kelly when im 18 im going to be a wwe diva i thank u kelly kelly and i know u remember candice michelle i still love and i say the video on youtube of kelly kelly and candice michelle that was interesting

December 10, 2011 at 8:12 pm
(16) Prashant says:

Hey….im prashant 21yrs from india plz help me i want to become a wrestler but i have no idea what shuld i do????? and im mechanical engineer plz reply!!!!!

December 26, 2011 at 8:57 pm
(17) Corey holland says:

I am ready to b come a super star I bn n training four ten yrs. I am ready I am a fomer boxer kickboxer third degree black

February 1, 2012 at 4:15 am
(18) David Show says:

Hello, my name is David Show, I’ve wrestled for my high for 3 an a half years an would like to continue my wrestling career in the WWE, can you pull some strings to hire me?..I know all the basic take downs an submissions, an i promise you that I have a submission that no one can escape from

March 19, 2012 at 5:13 pm
(19) Pro Wrestling Talent Agent (Anonymous) says:

Dont become a professional wrestler until you have a decent education enabling you to become successful in a field outside of wrestling. You can obtain traditional training but you must be careful to avoid scams and “training” from people that have no idea what they are doing. This is dangerous to both yourself, your peers, as well as your wallet. Professional Wrestling has a slim to none chance of acquiring you as a talent. Even the people you see on TV have a difficult life. This is the truth of becoming involved in this business. College first.

April 25, 2012 at 9:05 am
(20) kelsey steinberg says:

hi i want to tryout for wwe

May 3, 2012 at 7:48 pm
(21) Justice says:

Hi i am 18 yearsa old and i have just finished my grade 12 i want to be the next break out star of nxt i have no expirince but i am sure i know somethings about wrestling being a wwe superstar is my dream so how can i become an nxt rockie?

May 7, 2012 at 9:51 pm
(22) Sam Greer says:

To me… Wrestling is not a hobby, it my passion. I love it… I want it more than any one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 13, 2012 at 4:10 pm
(23) zechariah adam says:

I have been wrestling for seven years. Have charisma, passion desire and heart! Have the abillity to run with the best. Im very pastionate about becomeing a WWE Superstar. Please contact …ready to go..

August 7, 2012 at 10:07 am
(24) anthony quiles says:

MY NAME is anthony and i’ve been watching wrestling since i was 6 and i would like to know how can i get a chance in the wwe if you have a answer please let me know and text me on facebook or call me at ***EDIT***

August 20, 2012 at 11:51 am
(25) dony says:

hi i am 18 years old what should i do to join wwe,,,,plz reply

August 20, 2012 at 11:54 am
(26) dony says:

hi iam 18 years old what should i do to join wwe

September 22, 2012 at 12:18 am
(27) Edwin says:

For those who are saying that they want to wrestle And they are 15-18, you should tryout to your high School wrestling team… It will give an idea of WWE

October 5, 2012 at 7:16 am
(28) Reagan Carlyle says:

Being able to say you can wrestle is alot different than wrestling, I’m in South Africa, and at the end of 2013 I’m going to be trained by Ananzi, to be a pro wrestler. I currently do amateur wrestling, and it’s not as easy as it looks. I WANT TO BE A WWE SUPERSTAR, not because of thew money, but for the love therefore.

November 13, 2012 at 11:32 am
(29) daelyn cooper says:

can i start wwe traning when iam 15 and also can i go to any wresling school in america.

November 24, 2012 at 3:53 am
(30) marrii khan says:

i will be the first pakistani to become wwe superstar

December 14, 2012 at 11:08 pm
(31) javi says:

i can fight try me out i want to show the world that i am here .
if u went a fighter that can give u the match of the year .

December 14, 2012 at 11:14 pm
(32) javi says:

i can fight try me out i want to show the world that i am here .
if u went a fighter that can give u the match of the year .
let me show u what i can do

December 21, 2012 at 6:48 pm
(33) gene says:

How can I become a WWE Superstar when you get this please contact me

January 1, 2013 at 6:35 pm
(34) eli says:

Im only 13 and I know im not old enough yet but I have always dreamed of becoming a wwe superstar and I have been working out lately and I was wondering were I should go to train to become a wwe superstar

January 6, 2013 at 1:00 pm
(35) javii hernandez says:

hii wwe I’m javii I’ve been watching wwe since I wz 10 years old since the first time I saw eddie guerrero wrestling I got inspired I’ve been wrestling since I wz 14 now I’m 17 I have skills of wrestling I love to entertain people I love wrestling I have passion for it..nd what happen to eddie I still can’t belive his death I have tht charisma to be a wwe wrestler since eddie guerrero died wrestling died let be bring tht heat back to wrestling les prometo ke si me dan la oportunidad d. Ser un luchador d wwe no se van a arrepentir yo voy a ser famoso x mi style of wrestling plz wwe just give me the opportunity!!:) nd plz wwe don’t forget eddie guerrero y ke viva la raza!!

January 6, 2013 at 5:58 pm
(36) Davin "The Choosen One" Melton says:

Ive been watching wrestling since i was 3, and if i was in the wwe i would change the face of sports entertainment. i know i have what it takes. just always wanted to say that. i”M just working to work for the company someday don”t care what i have to do

January 11, 2013 at 2:46 pm
(37) jason moore says:

do you hold tryouts near delaware

January 23, 2013 at 6:59 pm
(38) TJ Bones says:

People, Settle The Questions, You Can’t Just Become A WWE Wrestler! You Have To Start Somewhere, Such AS The Indie Curcuit, Iv’e Been Wrestling in The Indie Curcuit For A Year And A Half, and I Don’t Even Think About Being in The WWE, I Think about Going TO Each Show And Performing, This Sport Is About Heart, YOu Can’t Just Jump IN The Ring And Do It, Sincerely- An Indie Pro Wrestler.

January 31, 2013 at 5:27 pm
(39) Koya "Olo" Foyeku says:

Hello. My name is Olukoya Olowofoyeku. But some people call me “Olo”. I am 18 yrs. old (going on 19 in march).I love work outs and Im always serious and dedicated about it. I have been watching wrestling for a long time and I always wondered what it would be like to be a WWE superstar like: The Rock, John Cena, Randy Orton, Sheamus, and other superstars. I am an entertainer! I love to perform in front of alot of people. I used to fight in martial arts and play football alot in middle and high school. I want a chance or an oppurtunity to perform and prove myself that I can be great like everyone else! I love the spirit of competition. It doesn’t matter if I win or lose, as long as I did and tried my very hardest, I would be fine. But I will do what ever it takes to get to the top! WATCH OUT FOR…….”OH NO OLO!”

January 31, 2013 at 7:18 pm
(40) Selena Rucker says:

I’m 14 and its my dream to become a wwe diva on raw and I’m smart like Michelle McCool but anyways I would love to do this

February 21, 2013 at 8:22 pm
(41) Selena says:

I’m 14 and would love to become a wwe diva! I have always wanted to be one I’m in shape healthy etc. I meet all the requirements to become a diva. But I just don’t have the money! :( poop

February 23, 2013 at 1:28 pm
(42) Lamont Buchanan says:

I have over 10 yrs wrestling experience on and off. I live in Ottawa Ontario. I can explain more info if someone send me a contact number

March 7, 2013 at 7:05 pm
(43) Zachary Essling says:

Is there an Age Limit? Eh! I’m 12 Years Old Yes I Just Said 12.
I Even have a Name for myself. Z-MONEY!!!

March 20, 2013 at 1:34 pm
(44) Damion Henderson says:

I’m 15 going on 16 here soon. And I was wondering is there any possible way to be in the WWE faster than other people? Jw. Please gt back to me.

March 25, 2013 at 5:53 pm
(45) Alfonso Walker says:

I was only 5 year old learning what wwe mean =I came pull so far though my life between brother said I never come one , I take on boyscout,body building ,highe best hiter in sport in locke high in the new paper back 94, in tracke street football with no self on body , I am WWe star , Pain is me ,pain is a heart is dark , life by swort die by it as WWe Star , I want my shot at big e in a ironman box for paper to come a star wwe

March 25, 2013 at 8:15 pm
(46) Isabella says:

Hi I am 10 and I really want to be a wrestler

April 28, 2013 at 10:51 pm
(47) Leyland Laing says:

Hey im from The Bahamas….i would like to go through the process of been a Pro Wrestler. I’m 6 foot 4 335 pounds . Played football for 3years and now want to try wrestling . I would like to no if there is any one who can help me with this,Please email me .

May 4, 2013 at 6:38 pm
(48) Dyone says:

I WANT TO BE A WWE DIVA SOOOOOOOOO BAD I WAKE UPTHINKING ABOUT IT EVERYDAY I BLEW OFF MY BEST FRIEND TO WATCH RAW I BLEW OFF MY SISTER TO WATCH SMACKDOWN,THE FIRST TIME I SAW RAW I KNEW I WAS MENT TO BE A DIVA WHEN I WAS LITTLE I USE TO BEAT UP MY STUFFED ANIMALS THEN WHEN I TURNED EIGHT I SAW RAW AND THOUGHT THAT’S WHAT I WANT TO BE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE

May 20, 2013 at 2:49 pm
(49) christian collins says:

Ive always wished to become a professional wrestler and i would like to become one im 16teen right now just turned it may 6 and if you have any questions you can call my number ***EDIT*** please call me i want to become one a make good money and get the audiences going.

June 6, 2013 at 1:17 am
(50) Ricardo Hernandez says:

I’m 17 almost 18 in july i wish i could be in the wwe people say i look like john cena alittle bit.

June 18, 2013 at 11:31 am
(51) Joshua gatson says:

I’m 14 and want to try out for wwe but I’m too young but wait when i do become a wrestler i will make an impact and become the new wwe champ or any other title. my name will be Angel

July 12, 2013 at 11:17 pm
(52) Hannah says:

Can I be a wwe diva if I’m 14 or 15 cause I have a big dream to be in it.

July 12, 2013 at 11:17 pm
(53) Hannah says:

Can I be a wwe diva if I’m 14 or 15 cause I have a big dream to be in it.
And I need help

July 12, 2013 at 11:26 pm
(54) HannahRose says:

Okay I know there are probably many comments like this but I wish someone from WWE would read this but im 14 and I really really want to be a WWE DIVA on RAW but I have no idea how to. I have been dreaming about this since I have started watching WWE which is like 4year and I would give the world to have a chance. I’m in shape I know how to do the submission moves and I know how do pretty much everything y’all need me to do. So to just have a chance I would not let y’all down!

July 29, 2013 at 11:38 pm
(55) keandre says:

I WANT TO BE A WWE SUPERSTAR BECAUSE I WILL KICK ASS
IM 6’6 320 Pounds

August 5, 2013 at 11:21 am
(56) Carlton aka nathan coop says:

Just wondering.. . . . where and how much it will cost if you want to try out . .IT IS MY DREAM TO BE A WWE STAR

August 14, 2013 at 12:32 pm
(57) akeem johnson says:

hi.. my name is akeem johnson am 17yrs old from jamaica.. i want to sign up to become a wwe wrestlor it has been my life long dream and derire what i grew up wanted to do… plase keep me informed thank you..

September 3, 2013 at 8:29 am
(58) njabulo magubane says:

im an 18yr old boy from joburg an i wanna be a wrestler please contact me at ***EDIT*** or email me at ***edit***

October 18, 2013 at 1:06 pm
(59) Devin smith says:

for everyone saying “i can be a wrestler because i kick ass” or “ohh wwe sign me up im good at it” No, i highly doubt you are. im only 14 but i hopefully know things about this. for one, start off in highschool. stay fit, do wrestling in highschool to let you have a type of feel for some of the stuff you will do in it (though not as much as you think). as soon as you have the cash, support from your family, and are out of highschool go to a wrestling school (nxt, texas wrestling academny, tna wrestling school, etc) to get the lessons you need, if that school doesnt have an indie leage then find one. after a few years you may, may have a chance to go up in the ranks of being in the wwe, but dont keep your hopes up. life is tough in it and all wrestlers can agree its a tough life to be in the buisness, but they love every minute of being in that ring, training, and entertaining the crowd. so dont think you can just become a wrestler by knocking on wwe’s front door with a resamae. you need heart, passion, training, ambition, and hope that one day you can be up there with the big shots. like many people on here i want to be a wrestler too. but im not going to just go up to there door and demand a contract. im going to go to a school, learn, fight then go to an indie league, and at least be happy that i can do what i love, when i hopefully get there. sorry if i am compleatly wrong on all levels of this subject i just wnated to state it.

November 21, 2013 at 1:01 pm
(60) cristina says:

I have wanted to be in the wrestling business for so long and have waited
for everything to be perfect because some people only get one chance. As for the wwe I know as well as anyone else that you need to know what your doing at all times. It’ s hard to know what a person how is serious about pursuing they’re dream of joining the wwe or wrestling business is suppose to do. I have waited a long time for an opportunity and i am still not even close to my goal. Can anyone give helpful advice that is a little bit more helpful.

December 4, 2013 at 7:29 am
(61) Njabulo says:

Hi im an 18yr old boy from Johannesburg South Africa. An i was wondering how can i become a WWE superstar. Cause i have been a fan for more the 10yrs. I want to become pro. Smackdown Raw or NXT is what im looking for. I got what it takes to make it. Please help.

December 15, 2013 at 2:28 pm
(62) luxile says:

hi im luxile im 9 years old im in very good shape and i want to be in wwe its my biggest dream in my life i realllllllllllllllllllllllly need this job im literally begging down to my knees please give me this job wait till you see how i look for my age

December 17, 2013 at 1:15 pm
(63) WWEPAIN says:

Hey I’m 16 years old I’m trying to make it at the top in the wwe

December 18, 2013 at 7:35 pm
(64) jacquan says:

Hi, my name is JacQuan Townes I am a Marine 6 days out the core. I am 6’3 260lbs I been watching and wanting to be a wwe superstar since I was 7yrs old . I would like to no what would it take to become a wwe superstar, and through hard work and didecation I know and have what it takes to become one.

December 30, 2013 at 12:45 pm
(65) siraj yusuf says:

hi im 16 year old and when i done with high school i wanna join a wrestling school someone please help me out.. add me on facebook
siraj yusuf

January 21, 2014 at 1:05 am
(66) rodrigo garcia says:

hi my name is rodrigo garcia i am 17 years old.I have alot of experience in wrestling.please help me i had a bad life,i will tell you every thing about my life.

January 21, 2014 at 8:54 pm
(67) Geron Agnew says:

I’m 15 and wanna know if this could be an annual thing???

January 29, 2014 at 12:37 pm
(68) gary heady lofaro says:

hey am gary heady i live in new york am 18 i need help to get in

February 15, 2014 at 10:52 am
(69) stanton says:

Hi iam 30 years old I’m a police officer residing in south africa. Pietermaritzburg..I’m 85kg strong…. Plz advise me how 2 contact the wwe. Thanks

February 19, 2014 at 10:43 pm
(70) Steven says:

I’m 21 years old and I want to be a Nxt superstar then I want to go on to the wwe what should I do?

February 21, 2014 at 9:41 pm
(71) marlon says:

I’m 16 and have watched wee sense I was 7 and always wanted to be one how do I become a next superstar and work my way up to become a wee superstar please respond I have been on the internet and looking at all your tips I’ve been trying real hard

March 7, 2014 at 9:27 pm
(72) Michael says:

Hello I am 11 yrs old and I watch WWE every night.I do have experience at school wrestling. I can’t make it to any tryouts though.I am from a small town that nobody ever heard of.Like I said I watch WWE every night and I watched Triple H’s movie on how he became a WWE pro.

March 7, 2014 at 9:29 pm
(73) Michael says:

I wish to join NXT and become the youngest title holder in history of wwe

March 11, 2014 at 2:10 pm
(74) Moibah says:

I watch wwe for along time since I was six I’m 14 now but I just wanna know how to get into wwe so it can be easier later please I need ur help

March 17, 2014 at 11:52 am
(75) roneigh says:

hey my name is Andre grey i am 21 year old how do i get my self sign up what do i have to do i will do what ever it takes to be in the wwe my email address is ***EDIT*** if you need more information just email me

March 26, 2014 at 4:30 pm
(76) ashleekaspar says:

hi i’m ashlee i’m 20 years old and i want to be in the wwe with the shield i want to be the 4th member of the shield? so i would be in it.

April 1, 2014 at 1:12 pm
(77) tracy says:

Hello my name is Tracy Turner, and i am really intelligent. all I need is that one shot to make it big time in the WWE. I have watched wrestling since I was six years old. It has made a big impact on my life. Just give me one shot and I will give you the best i can be.

April 3, 2014 at 10:13 am
(78) WWE Superstar says:

To become a star! You just need faith in yourself and you need to have experiences. Ill make it.

April 16, 2014 at 5:22 pm
(79) Stephanie Garcia says:

Hi i am 13 years old and I watch WWE everyday. I love to watch the shield and I want to be just like them but I don’t know how can you please help me.

April 19, 2014 at 10:42 pm
(80) Kelsey says:

i am 13 yrs and i am a huge fan of the wwe i would like to join when i get older i would like some tips like how to join what and what not to expect please PRETTY PLEASE!!!!!!!!!