1. Sports

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Eric Cohen

A Tragic Anniversary

By November 12, 2006

November 13, 2005 is a date that will forever be etched in the memory of every wrestling fan. That is the tragic day that Eddie Guerrero passed away. In honor of the great memories he has provided every wrestling fan, I would like to take this opportunity to celebrate the life of "Latino Heat."

Comments

March 6, 2007 at 10:39 pm
(1) Steve Messick says:

Didn’t Eddie die because of the chair to the head by Kennedy – I noticed Kennedy was gone for awhile after that but then came back – I would really like to know the truth and the connection to the Kennedy/Guerrero match the night before – thanks

August 14, 2007 at 2:38 am
(2) Eric Smith says:

As the story goes Eddie died because of heart failure due to the irreversable damage the addictions did on his body.

November 10, 2007 at 7:25 pm
(3) jamie uren says:

eddie was supposte to ave took steroids and wen he came off it took hislife

r x i x p

eddie ull be missed

July 19, 2008 at 8:15 am
(4) crash holly says:

eddie died cause of his drugs when he took in his early teens. r.i.p eddie

July 19, 2008 at 8:17 am
(5) crash holly (omar) says:

r.i.p eddie……….. he was good

July 19, 2008 at 8:35 am
(6) omar mahammed omar says:

feel the latino heat i iss that and viva la raza r.i.p….. eddie guerrero i miss chris beniot too rest.in.peace eddie and chris

July 19, 2008 at 1:18 pm
(7) nicma,maryan,summaya belive me says:

eddie r.i.p chris r.i.p
………… wwe will never be the same again

r.i.p

belive me……… p.s it is me writing on the computer maryan that goes to mosely

July 22, 2008 at 6:09 pm
(8) KOLKOMAN says:

well eddie died because of both reason’s first one’ he had been hit with the chair by mrrrrrrrr kennedy. second reason, he died because of the drugs he took when he was younger

basicly u were both right

r.i.p …eddie

July 22, 2008 at 6:51 pm
(9) Eric says:

The chair shot had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Eddie’s death. He died of heart failure.

- Eric

August 3, 2008 at 8:26 pm
(10) andrew says:

eddie died from heart failure and drugs..it had nothing to do with kennedy chair shot

August 4, 2008 at 8:05 pm
(11) ginger says:

Eddie died of Heart Failure…Period. WWE and his family stated that his Heart failed due to his PAST HISTORY of drug abuse and also him working out extremely hard to get his body back in shape. Eddie lived life to the extreme both ways, but I believe he was/is a good man. Viva La Raza…Eddie. I also believe Chris Benoit was a good man that had a lot of trouble and pain. But, Eddie’s death and Chris’ death should NOT be compared. Two different reasons entirely. R.I.P. To Eddie and Chris; You both will be forever missed. Heaven has a good Wrestling Team now!
Peace…..

September 19, 2008 at 6:50 am
(12) Dhruv Benoit says:

Chris and Eddie were the best, professional wrestling ever got.It surprises me that a great wrestler like chris became world champion only once in WWE.Anyway Chris and Eddie will remain the greatest and my favourite forever.RIP Eddie, RIP Chris

December 3, 2008 at 3:56 am
(13) william says:

Eddie u were da best.
Ma u rest in peace

December 24, 2008 at 8:09 pm
(14) Guerrero for life says:

the chairshot was fake. he died because of heart failure and the drug abuse in his past years.

December 24, 2008 at 8:13 pm
(15) Guerrero says:

The chair shot was fake, first of all. Eddie died because of drugs from his teen years and heart failure. Viva La Raza. Can you feel the heat? Latino Heat!!!

February 28, 2009 at 5:24 pm
(16) ED says:

IT NOT THE SAME , EDDIE WAS A GREAT AT WHAT HE DID , HE WAS ALWAYS FUN TO WATCH.

March 16, 2009 at 5:50 pm
(17) Bane says:

Don’t Forget Owen Hart and now Test is died too R.I.P Owen Hart, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit and Test

R.I.P to all the Deceased westlers

September 4, 2009 at 6:18 pm
(18) samantha says:

Eddie Guerrero died of an enlarged heart

October 5, 2009 at 4:26 am
(19) were benedicto says:

Edie rest in peace.

December 6, 2009 at 5:47 pm
(20) Ron says:

eddie guerrero was one of the best wrestlers of all time and he was taken from us to soon, eddie u will b missed. R.I.P. eddie your name & legacy will live forever latino heat 4 life

April 3, 2010 at 3:46 pm
(21) randy says:

viva la rasas rip EDDIE

July 3, 2010 at 12:55 am
(22) HIPPIE says:

I met Eddie about 12 yrs ago with my then 4 yr old daughter at an amusement park. He took time from his own family to sit and talk to my daughter. He was a great person and is sorely missed Rest in Peace Eddie.

July 16, 2010 at 5:49 pm
(23) masele says:

He seemed to be pretty smarter than the rest always using pranks.

February 15, 2011 at 3:06 am
(24) chris ahrens says:

I have always known of the behind the scene problems in wrestling but I never would have guessed how big of a problem it really is. I have been a fan for 30 yrs. now and I find it just appalling that atleast 114 wrestlers have passed away at such young ages. I mean I’m only 35 and most died younger than me and seemed to be in much better shape than me. It is crazy that so many of them died from suicide or drug overdoses accidental or not and also heart failure. I just gone done watching the ROCK’S return on Mon. night Raw but I think is will be the last the I ever watch any wrestling again. I can’t believe I just wrote that but I don’t want my 8 son watching this anymore and looking up to these people.And I know it is all about $$$$$$$$ like Vince would say “it’s just business.” Well, I don’t agree, this is peoples lives and families we are talking about.

August 6, 2011 at 9:39 pm
(25) Danyelle says:

Off Course the WWE Would Put All The Blame On The Superstar . Its To The Extreme amount Put On Them By The Corperation in which they work for wwe is known for killin there superstars nothing is new

December 11, 2012 at 1:30 pm
(26) Jim says:

Eddie may be in Wrestler’s Heaven but that POS Chris Benoit will never be after killing his wife and son. No man who kills his family should go to Heaven.

February 26, 2014 at 6:53 am
(27) Johnelew says:

Wow, Jim… What bible did you read? You get to pick who goes to heaven now? Lol,,, the bible I read said judge not lest ye be judged… So do you want others deciding if you get to go to heaven? No one knows what problems led Chris to what he did… And the slides taken of his brain show that the steroid use did major damage to his brain and that could have led to a total disconnect from the rationality you might think a perso. That gets to go to heaven might show… I think that anyone that had a mental deficiency at the time of death, may very well have the mercy of god on his/her side… You better hope so… You may have one right now! It is horrible that our heroes don’t see the toll that giving us what we love to see takes on their bodies, families and lives… God bless all,who go out and opt their all on the line for us and for those that have fallen, I salute you… Rest in Peace